The mobile version of a Google Places™ business listing page can be difficult to find and link to, but by using a combination of the link tool in your Google Places™ page, a slight modification to the URL provided by the linking tool, and a QR code, you can give your mobile-enabled customers simple and immediate access to your business information with just a simple 5 step process.
- Go to your Google Places™ page and click the link icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Copy the URL provided by the Link Tool.
- Paste the URL provided by the Link Tool into a text editor and remove the bits highlighted in yellow so that it looks like the second URL shown. Why? The URL provided by the Link Tool displays your Places page in a desktop browser but goes to a Google Map™ on a mobile device. By modifying the URL in the manner shown it becomes the URL of the mobile version of your Google Places™ page instead.
- Remove the “maps.” including the full stop
- Remove “aps” from the second instance of “maps”
- Remove all of the “q=xxxx” bit including the trailing “&”
- Got to www.qrstuff.com, select the “Website URL” data type and paste the modified URL from Step #3 into the “Website URL” input box
- Click the “Download Image” button to download your QR code image. That’s it – all done!
And here’s an example of the resulting QR code:
Google Places™ is a trademark of Google Inc.