One of these questions actually came in overnight which prompted me to think that I should probably share with you some of the more “interesting” customer tech support questions I’ve had over the past 3 and a bit years.
These are real questions from real people and indicate that the QR code learning curve is a bit steeper for some, but I endeavoured to answer all of them in a helpful and respectful manner.
In no particular order, here’s my 10 favourites:
- My phone doesn’t have a camera. What scanning app should I use?
- I made a QR code with my cell phone number in it but every time I scan it with my phone I get my voicemail. Can you help me to get it to work?
- I put a QR code for my website in my email signature but when I click on it nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
- Can you make a QR code that links to another QR code?
- If I change the color of my QR code will it still link to the same website?
- I scanned a QR code in a magazine ad and it took me to their website but they didn’t have what I wanted. Can I make it go to another website?
- The QR code works fine using the camera my iPhone, but why won’t it scan with my digital camera?
- My QR code links to a Powerpoint that’s on my home computer. Why won’t it work at my office?
- Can your analytics tell me how many people saw our QR code but didn’t scan it?
- Why do my QR codes only scan properly when the internet on my phone is turned on?
I’ll also give an honorable mention to the enquiry about a QR code in braille that vision-impaired people could use.